In October 2013, it was reported that the Islamic Society organised a series of fortnightly classes featuring Dr Khalid Fikry, although the university disputed this. Khalid Fikry is a sectarian cleric who has described Shia Muslims as “the worst and greatest enemies against our Ummah [Islamic nation]”. He is an enthusiastic supporter of a number of convicted terrorists, including Omar Abdul Rahman, who he says was the victim of “a false accusation and a political court” presided over by a “Jew Judge”. Fikry has condemned Muslims who promote democracy as “evil people”.
Other Extremist Speakers
- Shakeel Begg, a British imam and activist who has described “our brothers … who made jihad in the path of Allah, who suffered in the path of Allah, our brothers from Guantanamo Bay” as “inspiring” and has praised them for their “good deeds”. He urged students at Kingston University to join Palestinian terrorist groups, saying: “You want to make jihad? Very good … Take some money and go to Palestine and fight, fight the terrorists, fight the Zionists”.
- Azzam Tamimi, a prominent Hamas supporter who claims that he has the “great honour to be close to Hamas” and that “all the leaders of Hamas are my friends”. In 2004, he seemed to suggest in a BBC interview that he would like to become a suicide bomber if he “had the opportunity”. Tamimi has spoken fondly of “the late Imam Khomeini” and the “great jihad” of Hezbollah, Hamas and Islamic Jihad.
- Baroness Tonge, a British peer and disgraced former member of the Liberal Democrats. She sympathises with Palestinian suicide bombers, of whom she says, “If I had to live in that situation – and I say that advisedly – I might just consider becoming one myself”. In 2009, she travelled to Syria, where she met with leaders of Hamas and Islamic Jihad, after which she described Khaled Meshaal as “shrewd, plausible and actually very likeable”. She has also expressed admiration for another Hamas leader, Ismail Haniyeh, and warned that “Israel is not going to be there forever … Israel will lose support and then they will reap what they have sown”.
- Haitham al-Haddad, one of Britain’s leading hate preachers. He has argued that “a man should not be questioned why he hit his wife”, that female genital mutilation is “sunnah [correct]” if not “wajeb [obligatory]”, and that suicide bombing is permissible “as long as non-Muslims are killed”. He describes Jews as “the enemies of God, and the descendants of apes and pigs”, and quotes from the forged Protocols of the Elders of Zion as an authoritative text. The 2012 event featuring Haitham Al-Haddad was cancelled by the speaker himself, due to a conflicting engagement.
- Uthman Lateef, one of Britain’s leading hate preachers, and holds a degree in “Crusader Studies” from the University of Damascus. In an audio recording, he can be heard advocating the violent destruction of the non-Muslim world and expressing support for convicted terrorists. Lateef has said that “we [Muslims] don’t accept homosexuality … We hate it because Allah hates it”.
http://www.studentrights.org.uk/article/1989/kingston_university_islamic_society_and_dr_khalid_fikry Also see: http://www.studentrights.org.uk/article/2121/kingston_university_release_statement_concerning_dr_khalid_fikry