Muslims Against Crusades
Muslims Against Crusades is an Islamist group. The organisation was founded in 2010 by Abu Assadullah.
The group’s priority is protesting western countries’ military intervention in the Middle East, which it views as inherently anti-Islamic. More broadly, it also has beef with the non-Islamic world in general.
The group claims to “view man-made law as the biggest threat to the progression of mankind, and the fundamental cause for the corruption prevalent in society”; as such, they instead endorse laws set forth by the Shariah. They go on to say that “subsequently we do not recognise any of the leaders in the Western or Muslim world as legitimate”. “The terms secularism and democracy are completely alien to Islam and against the basic tenets of Islam”, they argue.
“A Muslim must believe that all Christians or Jews will be destined for the hellfire and that only Muslims will be eligible to go to paradise”, they say. “It is not allowed for a Muslim to keep non-Muslims as friends.” The group also claims that “it is prohibited to engage in homosexuality, lesbianism, peadophilia, bestiality, fornication, taking alcohol and drugs, gambling, prostitution, pornography, usury, free-mixing, voting for man made law, buying stocks and shares, insurance, sex before marriage, etc.” and that “Muslims who have been affected by the western way of life need to be rehabilitated”.
MAC argues that national boundaries are prohibited in the Koran, and so “nationalistic flags, clothes, emblems, anthems etc… or to support regional or national football teams are completely prohibited”.
The group was founded after the banning of Islam4UK, although it insists that there is no connection.
In June 2010 forty or so MAC protesters gathered in Barking and heckled a group of soldiers returning from Afghanistan. The group’s members again made a collective arse out of themselves by burning poppies outside Royal Albert Hall on Remembrance Day of that year, also shouting “British soldiers burn in hell” during the two minute’s silence.
In 2011 MAC applied to hold a protest againt the wedding of Prince William (described by the group as a “genocide advocate”) and Kate Middleton, but were turned down. Spokesperson Anjem Choudary declared that they planned to protest anyway and then got cold feet and cancelled the thing.
On 24 May 2011 the group protested Barack Obama’s visit to Downing Street carrying banners with slogans such as “Wanted: Obama, Pharaoh of our time” and “Muslims will conquer the White House”.
The Islamic Emirates Project
On 7 July 2011 the group, having apparently gone completely round the bend, announced its Islamic Emirates Project. “What was once a predominantly Christian country has now been overwhelmed by a rising Muslim population, which seeks to preserve its Islamic identity, and protect itself from the satanic values of the tyrannical British government”, declares the MAC website. “In light of this glaring fact, Muslims Against Crusades have decided to launch ‘The Islamic Emirates Project’, that will see high profile campaigns launch in Muslim enclaves all over Britain, with the objective to gradually transform Muslim communities into Islamic Emirates operating under Shari’ah law.” The site goes on to express hope that this plan will “pave the way for the worldwide domination of Islam.”
On 30 July around seventy of the group’s suppoters marched from Leyton to Walthamstow in the first of several proposed marches in favour of its project. Shortly beforehand MAC put up posters proclaiming a “Shariah Controlled Zone”, which it claimed were in response to the Oslo attacks.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/8461436/Muslims-Against-Crusades-earn-notoriety-in-less-than-a-year.html
- ↑ http://www.muslimsagainstcrusades.com/about.php
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 http://www.scribd.com/doc/58244028/Islamic-Prevent-2011
- ↑ http://www.muslimsagainstcrusades.com/index.php
- ↑ http://www.tntmagazine.com/tnt-today/archive/2011/04/19/royal-wedding-protest-planned-by-muslims-against-crusades.aspx
- ↑ http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/terrorism-in-the-uk/8476691/Radical-Muslim-group-cancels-royal-wedding-protest-amid-terrorism-fears.html
- ↑ http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1390428/Anjem-Choudary-Obama-legitimate-target-extremists.html
- ↑ http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/File:Capture_fad711bcd186aed2f708f2ea094675d69db08a23.png
- ↑ http://www.demotix.com/news/772325/muslims-march-sharia-law-zones-uk
- ↑ http://www.london24.com/news/london_shariah_law_posters_are_response_to_oslo_attacks_claim_fringe_group_1_978025